Michel Francis, Chief Architect and Design Director, DEC
Digital tools have been used for a while to assist in carrying out computer-based engineering analysis as opposed to traditional manual calculation, and that has helped in improving the ability to analyse any given engineering task in a faster and more accurate manner. Digital tools have empowered design teams in terms of their ability to model and manipulate highly complex geometric forms and shapes. However, digital tools, including BIM, have not yet reached their potentials from a holistic design standpoint, and have therefore been serving design teams in production and coordination, less so much in actual design problem solving and design evaluation. Therefore, the gap between the ability of design teams to produce challenging looking designs and their ability to validate those designs and evaluate their value is growing wider. This workshop will offer attendees a wider spectrum in terms of how digital tools can be used by project teams more effectively from a design standpoint from design to delivery using algorithmic thinking augmented by BIM.
Abdulmajid Karanouh, Director, Head of Innovation Design, Facades & Sustainability, Ramboll
Indoor air quality
Thermal and acoustic controllability
Dalia Wagdi, Sustainability Consultant, AESG
Andy Dean, Head of Facades, WSP
Jonathan J. Gonzalez, Project Engineer - Building & Life Safety Technologies, Underwriters Laboratories Middle East FZ-LLC
Abhishek Chhabra, Business Development, Thomas Bell-Wright International Consultants
Yulia Gvozdeva, Chairperson, Marketing Working Group, Quali Middle East Association
Maria Malo, Regional Business Development Manager, Middle East & Africa, AzkoNobel Powder Coatings
Sarah Coogan, Associate, Inhabit Asia ME
William Whistler, Founder & Managing Director, Green Building Solutions International
Mick Dalton, Director FM Meraas Estates Division, Meraas Holding Company
Alain Garnier, Manager Sales and Business Development – Middle East, Saint-Gobain SageGlass
Belarmino Cordero, Division Manager – Facades, AESG
Markus Plettau, Regional Market Leader – EMEA, Dow Performance Silicones
• Exploring the merits for engineers and supervisors to easily access a map view of all in-progress building, and navigate between them to check status.
• Understanding how aerial data can be accurately placed into as-built models, allowing an incident to be spotted before there is a problem.
• The integration and maximization of digitization technology and aerial data will be a highly competitive field, with early adopters winning business and maximizing profitability.
• A new perspective to see every detail of a site in its current state and from a remote location.
• Drone Building Inspection: estimates show that surveying a Building with a drone helped provide nearly a 75 percent time saving.
• Highlighting the data available on a construction site, through the use of drones goes beyond simple construction progress updates.
• Evaluating detailed façade inspection for high-rise building using UAV's to identify unsafe conditions.
David Fadayomi , Commercial Manager, Technometer, Drone Solution Specialists